The Visiting International Professorship (ViPs) Program is a funding program that aims to accelerate the research output of the emirate by attracting pre-eminent international researchers into Abu Dhabi’s research ecosystem. The program will foster cooperative ties between the emirate’s Higher Education Institutes (HEI’s) and international research institutions while tackling some of the world’s greatest challenges.
The ViPs Program will run as a rolling call and is open to researchers in strategic fields of study who will receive funding awards of AED 2 million for Rising Stars over a four-year period and AED 3 million for Established Researchers over a three-year period. Research fields supported by the program are: Aerospace, Energy, Environment, Health, Food and Agriculture, AI, ICT and Manufacturing and Materials.
A key aim of the ViPs program is to build sustainable links between the host organization, here in Abu Dhabi and the overseas institutions where the researcher normally resides.
The ViPs funding program is not intended to support short stays or visits, as the emphasis is on achieving significant and identifiable outputs that will create impact on the research system in Abu Dhabi.
Expression of Interest Criteria
- Potential candidates wishing to apply to the Program should contact an eligible Abu Dhabi HEI first.
- They may not apply directly for the ViPs program.
- An Expression of Interest (EoI) nominating a candidate may be submitted by an eligible HEI at any time stating their joint interest with the potential candidate.
- Full proposals will only be accepted by invitation from the ViPs program following submission and evaluation of the EoI.
- Full proposals must be received within four months of receiving the invitation from the VPC program.
- The funding from the ViPs program is a contribution to the host institution to help cover the Visiting Professors costs, it is not intended to cover all expenses.
Rising Stars must:
- be 4-10 years post-terminal degree and have established a reputation in a particular domain.
- be at a stage where new resources will take their research to a higher level.
Established Researchers must:
- have a strong scientific reputation in research.
- have distinguished service at a senior level in either a research institute, university or industry.
- be qualified to Doctoral or equivalent and have a proven leadership and accomplishment record appropriate to international standards in their field.
For further information on the program and how to apply to it please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org